Ms. Trinh Luu, Real Estate lawyer in Ottawa West End offers competitive rates (fees, disbursements and HST inclusive):
1. $795.00 for home sale, which includes legal fees, one mortgage payout with a major bank, Law Society transaction levy, photocopies, courier, postage and HST.
There are extra fees to prepare and register a discharge, if your mortgage was secured with a non-major lender.
2. $1,400 - $1,800 for home purchase, which includes legal fees; registration of transfer and one mortgage with a major institutional lender (from the five big banks) (*); title insurance; title search fees; tax certificate; photocopies, courier, postage and HST.
Disbursements vary with the number of buyers and sellers, and active instruments registered on title. We provide your property parcel register and title search invoice: you see the exact amount charged for title search fees. There are no hidden or unidentified fees/disbursements. All disbursements are supported by invoices included in our transaction report; and explained, so you understand every single expense incurred.
Breakdown of fees and disbursements is available on request.
We cap our inclusive fees and disbursements at $1,800 for a non-condo purchase and $1,900 for a condo purchase. This capped rate applies to purchases for principal residence use only. Income properties with tenants in place require additional fees, depending on property size, number of tenants and leases, and lease specifics.
We will match any written or published inclusive quote (of legal fees and disbursements) lower than ours.
3. $1,055.00 for home refinancing, which includes legal fees, one mortgage payout with a major bank, mortgage registration with a major institutional lender (from the five big banks) (*), title subsearch, execution certificates for one registered owner, tax certificate, photocopies, courier, postage and HST. Add about $120.00 to $160.00 for new lender's title insurance (not required if you refinance with the same lender).
- free parking at rear of building.
- convenient location in West End, off Greenbank/Pinecrest exit, in the same building as Lee Valley Tools.
- flexible hours and meeting locations: we can meet you outside the office, after business hours, and on weekends.
- all-time access at 232-1122.
- services also in French and Vietnamese.
We practise in the areas of family, real estate, business, wills, and immigration, and provide walk-in notarization services.
Please ask about our flexible payment plan for will preparation with trust setup (intended for minor, disabled or high-income beneficiaries). We make home and hospital visits for will preparation and execution attendance.
Please reply to this ad, or contact Trinh at:
Trinh Luu Law Office
900 Morrison Drive, Suite 206
Ottawa ON K2H 8K7
email: trinhluulaw at bellnet.ca
(*) add $339.00 for extensive mortgage documentation required by non-major lenders, such as Home Trust Company, or Equitable Trust Company.